The Dept. Geophysical Prospection, Geodesy and Photogrammetry is engaged with research in various research fields of archaeological geophysical prospection mainly focusing on
- the application of CS-magnetometry and GPR,
- terrestrial 3D laser scanning applying the robust and versatile RIEGL LMS scanners,
- the application of Geographical Informationsystems for an integrated archaeological interpretation of prospection data,
- virtual reality approaches for visualization and interpretation of prospection data and
- theoretical and practical aspects of archaeological stratigraphy.
VIAS-Geo is cooperating with the team ZAMG Archeo Prospections(R) and with the newly established Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Archaeological Prospection & Virtual Archaeology. It is a main objective of VIAS-Geo to apply latest technological developments as FWF-scanners, multi-antenna GPR arrays and motorized multi-sensor magnetometers for archaeological purposes.